Designers: Karl Lagerfeld

I know I was naughty last week and never posted but I was just too busy and I apologise for that.. anyway this weeks designer is Karl Lagerfeld, he is a very famous designer, most famous for working at Chanel. Thank you to Starlily29 who suggested I post about him.

Fashion Designer Karl Lagerfeld was born in 1938 in Hamburg, Germany, to a wealthy family. He went to Paris in 1952, where he studied informally, with the ambition to be fashion designer, until he won a prize for a wool coat from the Wool Secretariat in 1954 (the same contest in which Yves Saint Laurent won an award for a dress).

Lagerfeld first worked for Pierre Balmain (1954-57), then in 1958 he moved to House of Patou. For a while, he freelanced at Krizia. He worked for Chloe in 1959-78, during which time he began designing furs for Fendi (in 1965) and also launched his company, Parfums Lagerfeld (in 1975). Lagerfeld designed independently from 1978 to 1982, when he began designing haute couture at the House of Chanel. In 1983, with the help of Gilles du Four, he added Chanel ready-to-wear garments to his list of responsibilities. Read more HERE.

Some snippets of some of his collections:

Please ignore spelling mistake.

What do you think of Karl Lagerfeld and his creations? Any ideas who I should post next? I'm trying to post every single one of your suggestions, I have them all noted down so hopefully you will see them at some point, although only one suggestion per person. I know that if I only post once every two weeks I'll never get them all done so I'm going to try and post more often than that, not promising anything though. :D 

Emma xox
Ar-themes Logo

Ar-themes

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.