"Last Week on Stardoll" - week #17


Hello everyone, how are you enjoying your summer holidays (assuming they started for you)? Here is incredibly hot, and I just love to sit in my room, make cold lemonade, and watch Grey's Anatomy previous seasons, or sit on the terrace in evening with my mom and talk.

Anyway, this week on Stardoll was really interesting, and full of new releases (and re-releases), lots of debatable topics, on which I can't wait to share my opinion and views.

The week started with release of new Sprinkled collection.


The idea is nice, adding some cute stickers and tattoos for our virtual hands, but most agree that they are useless, as not many look at our doll's hands. I like though that they added tattoos that you can out on your doll's body, instead of just hand. Also, one user had a nice idea, to open a tattoo shop, which I agree completely, as I love tattoos in real life, as well as on Stardoll.

The biggest event (or was it?) last week was the release of another Limited Edition collection on Tuesday.


Less than 3 months passed since the previous collection, and this seem to be a bit too soon. I liked this collection more than the previous one, but the LE logo on some items looks a bit tacky and this was the reason I skipped buying some stuff. There are nice summer dresses, with pastel colors, and I also liked the gladiator shoes.

Wednesday brought us another interior store addition, this time at Fantasy Hotel.


I don't really like it, (except that cute dog, I love dogs), and many people in comments agree that the collections is a bit expensive and are waiting for a sale. Don't hold your breath, though, we've recently had a sale, and this collection is new so it may not come on sale for a while.

On 4th day of a week we got another store update, this time a popular and not so expensive one (in my opinion at least).


I love those hairstyles, although only a few look good on my doll (which isn't only my problem, many complained about that too). The most popular one is for sure the ombre hair (3rd from right). Now some complained about high prices, but compared to stardesign hair, which can go up to 100 stardollars for a single hairstyle, these are quite inexpensive. Also, on right face shape, doll's overall look, and in appropriate color, they can look really good.

Not sure if this was the biggest event (you will decide later in poll), but definitely the most debatable moment of the week (there are over 200 comments just here on USD!) - HotBuys retro collection.


Basically, Stardoll re-released a bunch of old HotBuys and gave them new name and store. Now, on the one hand, this is good, because many Stardoll members joined after these HotBuys were released, and if they wanted to get some, they'd have to pay lots of stardollars. But hat about collectors? This devalues their collection for sure. Also, Callie.Stardoll said in starblog that they won't stay long in stores, so grab them while you can, (although, I'm not really sure they'll be much valuable later).

Some other interest things from this/last week:

- A new update on Stardoll app at Facebook - now you can click on dolls displayed in downtown and visit their suites.
- Honey Maid hidden store released - lots of starcoin items
-Vintage Interior Stardoll offer - get interior when you spend 250 or more stardollars in starplaza.

Long week, agreed? I hope the next one will be interesting as well. So now vote on the poll, I know it many be hard to chose one thing, but I am curious to know wich event will win.



See you next week,
~ Venus

Ar-themes Logo

Ar-themes

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.