"Last Week on Stardoll" - week #147

Hello everyone!!

How are you doing? Personally, I actually started liking those new 'tasks', or challenges Stardoll gives us. Even they are redundant and there isn't much variety of things to do, I still like them. Plus, no more spam to my album/scenery, yay!! Anyway, I hope your week was well, on Stardoll it was kinda boring, but it is ok, as holidays are soon approaching and my guess is Stardoll staff are celebrating as well. But let's see what we got this week.

On Monday, we got another Tribute store release - Oscar de la Renta this time.


The collection consists mostly of gowns, and most of them (if not all), are, if I am not wrong, a couture gowns. We have many long gowns, several short ones, and a handful of other items. Prices are ok for the Tribute store and the quality of clothes. There are just too many good items, but hard to combine, as they stand out on their own, and adding accessories might make them over the top and make your doll look overdressed. On the other hand, there are pieces that can look fabulous combined with other stuff, even 'ordinary' ones.


On Wednesday, we got a new Callie's Picks collection, named simply "Happy Holidays".


We got 2 floors of mostly red, black and white stuff. Typical for Christmas, right? We even got a Santa outfit, and even it may not look on our dolls, you could use it on one of your pals. What was the highlight of a collection was definitely a re-release of the infamous Mary Kate real celeb white fur. The item was very popular and valuable in earlier days of Stardoll, until they made it unsellable. This is the 2nd time Stardoll decided to re-release an item from the popular MKA collection - anyone remembers (and still has) Ashley black birkin bag? Anyway, not a huge fan of fur, neither on Stardoll and definitely not in real life. I am also loving the Moni Moni bag, it is just fantastic and I wanted to get my hands on it for a while. There are some other nice pieces, some overpriced freebies, but a nice amount of starcoin items too.


And on Friday, and ordinary store release - Rio Chicas.


If I had to use one word to describe the collection, it would definitely be 'sparkly'. We got sparkly dresses, tops and even some accessories. The collection is perfect for holidays, especially for dolls 'on budget', or who want to save stardollars and not buy overpriced Tribute stuff. I am not a huge fan of the collection, it is too sparkly for my taste. I do like some items though, but I usually wait for sales to buy stuff like that, from ordinary stores.


That's all. I know, you want more, but like I said, it is Holidays time. Anyway, since Christmas is next week (for Catholics at least), I hope you have a nice one and I am wishing you all the best. Also, see you next week for my new recap, until that, vote, comment and I'll see you all next week.



Love,
~ Venus
Ar-themes Logo

Ar-themes

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.